fyi: UK National Information Assurance Strategy Launched

Jeff.Hodges at KingsMountain.com Jeff.Hodges at KingsMountain.com
Mon Jul 2 16:40:48 EDT 2007

From: Peter Tomlinson <pwt at iosis.co.uk>
Subject: National IA Strategy
To: ukcrypto at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 16:00:16 +0100

>From http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/csia/ :

      "News

National Information Assurance Strategy launched
<http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/csia/national_ia_strategy/index.asp>
On 27th June, a National Information Assurance Strategy was launched at
the IA07 event in Brighton. The annual event is hosted by CESG and
brings together key players in industry and government to work in
partnership to address the UK’s needs in safeguarding information and ICT."

The document is available at:
http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/csia/national_ia_strategy/index.asp . I
haven't read it yet, and so cannot comment, but in a related area I'm
puzzled: having heard that Cabinet Office will be supporting Cabinet, I
wonder what will happen to all the technical stuff such as Govt Gateway
and even CSIA.

Peter