It's a Presidential Mandate, Feds use it. How come you are not using FDE?

Saqib Ali docbook.xml at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 11:50:48 EST 2007

Since when did AES-128 become "snake-oil crypto"? How come I missed
that? Compusec uses AES-128 . And as far as I know AES is NOT
"snake-oil crypto"

Closed-source doesn't mean that it is "snake-oil". If that was the
case, the Microsoft's EFS, and Kerberos implementation would be "snake
oil" too.

I think you are mistaken on the definition of "snake-oil crypto".

Snake-oil crypto refers to "New mathematics", "Proprietary
cryptography", and "Pseudo-mathematical gobbledygook"....

Please see the following URL for more into on snake-oil crypto:
http://www.schneier.com/crypto-gram-9902.html#snakeoil

saqib
http://www.full-disk-encryption.net