Entropy of other languages

Travis H. travis+ml-cryptography at subspacefield.org
Wed Feb 7 21:59:06 EST 2007

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 05:53:16PM -0500, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> 	Speakers of such Native American languages as Navajo, Choctaw
> 	and Cheyenne served as radio operators, know as Code Talkers,
> 	to keep communications secret during both World Wars. Welsh
> 	speakers played a similar role during the Bosnian War.
>
> Does anyone know anything more about this use of Welsh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_Guards says:

In 2002 the regiment arrived in Bosnia as part of SFOR, a NATO-led
force intended to ensure peace and stability reigns supreme in the
Balkan nation. During their deployment HM the Queen Mother died. A
number of officers of the Welsh Guards stood in vigil around the Queen
Mother's coffin which was lying in state in Westminster Hall, one of a
number of regiments to do so. The regiment returned home from their
deployment to Bosnia later in the year.

That's all I could find in a 10 minute search...
--
Good code works.  Great code can't fail. -><-
<URL:http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/>