Question on export issues

Sidney Markowitz sidney at sidney.com
Mon Dec 31 15:32:52 EST 2007

Ivan Krsti? wrote, On 31/12/07 12:48 PM:
> We've recently had to jump through the BIS crypto export hoops at
> OLPC

I find that very strange considering this from a BIS FAQ
http://www.bis.doc.gov/encryption/encfaqs6_17_02.html

"all encryption source code that would be considered publicly available under Section
734.3(b)(3) of the EAR (such as source code posted to the Internet) and the corresponding
object code may be exported and reexported under License Exception TSU -- Technology and
Software Unrestricted (specifically, Section 740.13(e) of the EAR), once notification (or
a copy of the source code) is provided to BIS and the ENC Encryption Request Coordinator."

What hoops did you have to jump through?