2008: The year of hack the vote?

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Fri Dec 28 10:05:23 EST 2007

On Wed, Dec 26, 2007 at 09:57:52AM -0800, Ed Gerck wrote:

> In e-commerce there must be no privacy, the merchant must know who I am, my
> credit card must be valid.

The only reason this 'must' be true is because an anonymous and secure
payment system is a terror which thankfully our federal governments
and central banks protect us from. While Amazon and others obviously
like being able to build customer profiles of everyone, I don't doubt
that they would be perfectly willing to accept an anonymous payment as
long as the money is good (and, of course, that the transaction costs
are no more than a credit card and/or the order flow is sufficient
that it is worth building support for it).

Jack