2008: The year of hack the vote?

dan at geer.org dan at geer.org
Wed Dec 26 16:34:55 EST 2007

Kevin Kretz writes:
 | dan at geer.org wrote:
 | >  More people use just those three
 | > than will *ever* vote.
 | More people under 40, certainly.  But in '04 there were 36 million
 | people over 65, most of whom are eligible to vote.  You know a lot of
 | 70-year old e-gamblers or FaceBook members?

I don't but my many over-70 relatives all have
some sort of e-mail now, many from AOL where
we know from history the price of buying the
AOL screenames in bulk from an insider was at
the rate of $0.001/name.

Quoting my friend Marcus Ranum, the Internet
will remain as insecure as it can and still
apparently function.  Why should voting be
different?

We are approaching a rat hole...

--dan