unintended consequences?

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Wed Aug 8 21:47:58 EDT 2007

> Does that mean that the new fiber is less tappable?

Somehow, I suspect that Corning and the relevant authorities have been
in touch to work out any problems.

Corning is a politically very well connected company.  Amory Houghton,
a member of the family that has controlled the company since its
founding in 1851, was company CEO from 1965-84, and was then the
member of Congress from my district from 1986-2005.  His father was
CEO and later ambassador to France.  His grandfather was CEO and later
member of Congress and then ambassador to first Germany and later
Britain.  You get the idea.

R's,
John