Training your customers to be phishing victims, part umpteen.

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Tue Apr 24 20:14:07 EDT 2007

The following is a real email, with minor details removed, in which
J.P. Morgan Chase works hard to train its customers to become phishing
victims.

I've left in the name that the email was sent under -- I see no reason
to protect the guilty. The original version of the email was multipart
alternative, with an HTML version that is, believe it or not, even
worse than the text version.

I've been watching Chase operate like this for a few years now, and
every time I think they've hit the bottom of the ocean of misguided
behavior, they come out with a new demonstration that there are new
depths yet to dive to.

Perry