DNSSEC to be strangled at birth.

Victor Duchovni Victor.Duchovni at MorganStanley.com
Thu Apr 5 12:13:24 EDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 05:51:27PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:

>      Afternoon all,
>
>   This story is a couple of days old now but I haven't seen it mentioned
> on-list yet.
>
>   The DHS has "requested the master key for the DNS root zone."
>
> http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/87655
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/04/03/dns_master_key_controversy/
> http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/03/31/1725221

The story makes no sense, so I am inclined to discount it. This is a
signing key, not an encryption key, there is no reason for the DHS to
have it, so I am assuming that they won't have it, and perhaps the story
is the result of confusion/incomptence somewhere.

--

 /"\ ASCII RIBBON                  NOTICE: If received in error,
 \ / CAMPAIGN     Victor Duchovni  please destroy and notify