DNSSEC to be strangled at birth.

dan at geer.org dan at geer.org
Thu Apr 5 11:48:12 EDT 2007

Dave,

For the purposes of discussion,

(1) Why should I care whether "Iran or China" sign up?

(2) Who should hold the keys instead of the only powerful
    military under democratic control?

    (a) The utterly porous United Nations?

    (b) The members of this mailing list, channeling
    for the late, lamented Jon Postel?

    (c) The Identrus bank consortium ("we have your
    money, why not your keys?") in all its threshhold
    crypto glory?

    (d) The International Telecommunication Union?

Hoping for a risk-analytic model rather than an
all-countries-are-created-equal position statement.

--dan