Did Hezbollah use SIGINT against Israel?

Leichter, Jerry leichter_jerrold at emc.com
Wed Sep 20 19:14:29 EDT 2006

| http://www.newsday.com/news/printedition/stories/ny-wocode184896831sep18,0,7091966,print.story
|
| That isn't supposed to be possible these days...  (I regard it as more
| likely that they were doing traffic analysis and direction-finding than
| actually cracking the ciphers.)
Newspaper reports have claimed that many troops were sent into the
field with old equipment - including in particular 10+-year-old
communications equipment.  Something that was fielded in 1996 was
likely designed using the technology of the early '90's.  Portable
communications equipment built with that technology is probably not
secure today.
							-- Jerry