fyi: On-card displays

Jeff.Hodges at KingsMountain.com Jeff.Hodges at KingsMountain.com
Wed Sep 20 17:45:44 EDT 2006

From: Ian Brown <I.Brown at cs.ucl.ac.uk>
Subject: On-card displays
To: ukcrypto at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 07:29:13 +0100

Via Bruce Schneier's blog, flexible displays that can sit on smartcards.
So we finally have an output mechanism that means you don't have to
trust smartcard terminal displays:
http://www.cr80news.com/library/2006/09/16/on-card-displays-become-reality-maki
ng-cards-more-secure/

So, when do we see the combined chip/fingerprint reader/display on a
payment card :) Doesn't of course address the requirement that we want
evidence (such as a signed paper receipt) that can later be adjudicated
by a court with higher evidential standards than a bank statement that
their systems work perfectly...
- --
Blogzilla --> http://dooooooom.blogspot.com/