Real World Exploit for Bleichenbachers Attack on SSL fromCrypto'06 working

Tolga Acar t.acar at computer.org
Fri Sep 15 01:23:43 EDT 2006

You need to have one zero octet after bunch of FFs and before DER encoded
has blob in order to have a proper PKCS#1v1.5 signature encoding.

Based on what you say below, "I used this cert and my key to sign an
end-entity certificate which I used to set up an webserver", it appears that
implementations you used don't check for this one zero octet, either.

- Tolga