Any opinions on Kryptor...?

David Wagner daw at cs.berkeley.edu
Fri Sep 8 20:50:07 EDT 2006

Leandro Meiners writes:
>Has anybody heard about Kryptor? Any opinions?
>(Link: http://www.rosiello.org/modules/smartsection/visit.php?fileid=1)

I have no clue whether the stream cipher in that paper is any good,
but the security analysis in the paper is basically nonsense.

The paper contains gibberish like "[axiom] A8 comes true by a relativistic
interpretation".  Your guess is as good as mine what that is supposed
to mean.  And the alleged "proof" of Theorem 1 is bogus.  In general, the
paper mimics the language of provable security, but without the content.

I would not recommend using a cipher that has not been published in an
appropriate peer-reviewed conference and scrutinized by the cryptography
community for several years.  Based on this, I would not recommend using
this stream cipher at this time.