signing all outbound email

Jon Callas jon at callas.org
Tue Sep 5 16:42:40 EDT 2006

On 5 Sep 2006, at 2:40 AM, Massimiliano Pala wrote:

> This approach is MTA-to-MTA... if you want something more MTA-to-
> MUA....

Not precisely. It is *primarily* MTA-to-MTA, for a number of very
good reasons, like privacy. However, a number of people will be
implementing DKIM verification in the MUA, including Yahoo!. (I've
seen UI mockups, but they may have it shipping for all I know.) The
protocol itself is completely agnostic on that. The signature travels
with the message and the signing key is in the network. As long as
you have both, you can verify the signatures.

	Jon