Are laptop search & seizures increasing use of disk crypto?

dave kleiman dave at davekleiman.com
Thu Oct 26 14:15:14 EDT 2006

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Udhay Shankar N
    Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 01:00

    Like the subject says - I'm curious whether the current
    regime of inspection and "forensic analysis" of laptops,
    primarily in the US, has affected corporate policies
    regarding disk crypto.

    Is there anybody studying this? Any resources available online?

Funny you should mention that, just saw this today:
"At U.S. Borders, Laptops Have No Right to Privacy"
http://travel2.nytimes.com/2006/10/24/business/24road.html

We have be spending an increasing amount of time working with vendors of
both forensic tools and disc encryption technology, trying to find tips,
tricks, and techniques that can be used when warranted.

Respectfully,

Dave Kleiman - http://www.davekleiman.com/about.php