wanted: mod arith equivalences/tautologies

Travis H. solinym at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 14:38:47 EDT 2006

Hey does anyone have a good link for the various equivalencies
(or inequivalencies) for modular arithmetic?

I realize some will only apply to certain moduli, especially primes.

I'm basically wanting to find some good algorithms for certain
simple computations, like f(x) = ax + b (mod n), or the BPP
digit extractor for Pi, but for very large values.  I'm hoping to do
them in ocaml or python.
--
Enhance your calm, fellow citizen; it's just ones and zeroes.
Unix "guru" for rent or hire -><- http://www.lightconsulting.com/~travis/