[Cfrg] HMAC-MD5

vlastimil.klima at volny.cz vlastimil.klima at volny.cz
Thu Mar 30 15:38:46 EST 2006

I think that we have the "evidence". The security MD5 depends
heavily on a lot of nonlinearities in functions F,G,I and on
carries in arithmetic additions. Nonlinearities in F,G,I are
bitwise and very weak. Carries are much stronger, but the collision
attacks showed that it is possible to controll them also. New
differential schemes (paths) could be proposed, new ways of
controlling the interior variables of MD5 could be discovered. It
could lead to the second preimage attacks and maybe further.
Vlastimil Klima