pipad, was Re: bounded storage model - why is R organized as 2-d array?

Travis H. solinym at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 19:51:00 EST 2006

Anyone see a reason why the digits of Pi wouldn't form an excellent
public large (infinite, actually) string of "random" bits?

There's even an efficient digit-extraction (a/k/a "random access to
fractional bits") formula, conveniently base 16:
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/BBPFormula.html

I dub this "pi pad".

Is this idea transcendental or irrational?
--
Security Guru for Hire http://www.lightconsulting.com/~travis/ -><-
GPG fingerprint: 9D3F 395A DAC5 5CCC 9066  151D 0A6B 4098 0C55 1484

[Moderator's note: I'd say "irrational" but I'll let other people
chime in first. --Perry]