complexity classes and crypto algorithms

Travis H. solinym at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 14:09:09 EDT 2006

What kind of problems do people run into when they try to make
cryptographic algorithms that reduce to problems of known complexity?
I'm expecting that the literature is full of such attempts, and one
could probably spend a lifetime reading up on them, but I have other
plans and would appreciate a summary.

In particular, it seems like you should be able to make a respectable
one-way function out of 3SAT.
Security "guru" for rent or hire - http://www.lightconsulting.com/~travis/ -><-
GPG fingerprint: 9D3F 395A DAC5 5CCC 9066  151D 0A6B 4098 0C55 1484