Status of opportunistic encryption

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Mon Jun 5 18:14:46 EDT 2006

Thomas Harold:

Thierry Moreau wrote:
 > E.g. RFC4033, RFC4034, RFC4035.

Well I wish it was going to happen, but right now
measures that are already deployed are not being used.
Except for e-gold, businesses under phishing attack are
not signing their email.

Since the proposed DNS signing relies on trusted root
keys transmitted out of band, it is not going to be
deployed either, for much the same reasons.   We need a
one click solution like SSH, or a zero click solution
like Skype.

And the proposed solution involves too many connections.
Any solution has to fit in a UDP datagram.