switching from SHA-1 to Tiger ?

alex at alten.org alex at alten.org
Wed Jul 12 03:31:45 EDT 2006

I believe that this will be more and more the case.  Hashes will
probably become slower relative to ciphers.  CPUs are becoming
multi-core and data pipelining from RAM into a CPU on-chip cache
is now common.  Both of these semiconductor trends will make
existing hashes become bottlenecks and will make it harder to
design a fast new hash.

- Alex