quantum chip built

Whyte, William WWhyte at ntru.com
Thu Jan 19 12:49:26 EST 2006

> 1) Are there quantum encryption algorithms that we will use on quantum
> computers to prevent quantum cryptanalysis?  Not just key
> distribution; ID Quantique is commercially selling units for that
> already.

There are existing quantum encryption algorithms that require a
physical link between the communicators (and don't provide
authentication) -- these are used in the products sold by ID
Quantique. But it hasn't been established that an encryption
algorithm needs to be based on quantum mechanisms to survive
the introduction of quantum computers. So I'd take issue with
your phrasing of the question.

In so far as you're wondering about what algorithms will be
used in the post-quantum computing world, the ECRYPT project
has organized a workshop on postquantum cryptography -- see
http://postquantum.cr.yp.to/ for details. The report of that
workshop should be interesting reading.

Chers,

William