DoS attack on The Million Dollar Homepage

Amir Herzberg herzbea at macs.biu.ac.il
Wed Jan 18 12:25:49 EST 2006

I found the enclosed of some interest..

From: http://milliondollarhomepage.com/blog.php, The Million Dollar
Blog, Tuesday 17th January 2006:

Site downtime, DDoS attack

I can confirm that MillionDollarHomepage.com has been subjected to a
Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack by malicious hackers who
have caused the site to be extremely slow loading or completely
unavailable since last Thursday, 12th January 2006.

I can also confirm that a demand for a substantial amount of money was
made which makes this a criminal act of extorsion. The FBI are
investigating and I'm currently working closely with my hosting company,
Sitelutions, to bring the site back online as soon as possible. More
news soon.
--
Best regards,

Amir Herzberg

Associate Professor
Department of Computer Science
Bar Ilan University
http://AmirHerzberg.com
Try TrustBar - improved browser security UI:
http://AmirHerzberg.com/TrustBar
Visit my Hall Of Shame of Unprotected Login pages:
http://AmirHerzberg.com/shame