long-term GPG signing key

Alexander Klimov alserkli at inbox.ru
Thu Jan 12 06:14:53 EST 2006

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006, Ian G wrote:

> Even though triple-DES is still considered to have avoided that
> trap, its relatively small block size means you can now put the
> entire decrypt table on a dvd (or somesuch, I forget the maths).

This would need 8 x 2^{64} bytes of storage which is approximately
2,000,000,000 DVD's (~ 4 x 2^{32} bytes on each).

Probably, you are referring to the fact that during encryption of a
whole DVD, say, in CBC mode two blocks are likely to be the same
since there are an order of 2^{32} x 2^{32} pairs.

--
Regards,
ASK