NPR : E-Mail Encryption Rare in Everyday Use

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Sun Feb 26 13:15:28 EST 2006

* Ben Laurie:

> I don't use PGP - for email encryption I use enigmail, and getting
> missing keys is as hard as pressing the "get missing keys" button.

A step which has really profound privacy implications.

I couldn't find a PGP key server operator that committed itself to
keeping logs confidential and deleting them in a timely manner (but I
didn't look very hard, either).  Of course, since PGP hasn't
progressed as faster as our computing resources, I'm nowadays in a
position to run my own key server, but this is hardly a solution to
that kind of problem.