NPR : E-Mail Encryption Rare in Everyday Use

Ed Gerck edgerck at nma.com
Thu Feb 23 19:31:47 EST 2006

Paul,

Usability should by now be recognized as the key issue for security -
namely, if users can't use it, it doesn't actually work.

And what I heard in the story is that even savvy users such as Phil Z
(who'd have no problem with key management) don't use it often.

BTW, just to show that usability is king, could you please send me an
encrypted email -- I even let you choose any secure method that you want.

Cheers,
Ed Gerck