GnuTLS (libgrypt really) and Postfix

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Feb 14 16:08:30 EST 2006

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:00:33 -0500, Steven M Bellovin said:

> Let me suggest a C-compatible possibility: pass an extra parameter to
> the library routines, specifying a procedure to call if serious errors
> occur.  If that pointer is null, the library can abort.

I agree.  However the case at hand is a bit different.  I can't
imagine how any application or upper layer will be able to recover
from that error (ENOENT when opening /dev/random).  Okay, the special
file might just be missing and a mknod would fix that ;-).  Is it the
duty of an application to fix an incomplete installation - how long
shall this be taken - this is not the Unix philosophy.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner