Abuse Resistant Publishing

Ben Laurie ben at algroup.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 09:13:12 EST 2006

George Danezis and I wrote a paper describing a technique for private,
yet abuse-resistant, publishing. Here’s the abstract:

    We present the problem of abusive, off-topic or repetitive
    postings on open publishing websites, and the difficulties
    associated with filtering them out. We propose a scheme
    that extracts enough information to allow for filtering, based
    on users being embedded in a social network. Our system
    maintains the privacy of the poster, and does not require
    full identification to work well. We present a concrete realization
    using constructions based on discrete logarithms,
    and a sketch of how our scheme could be implemented in a
    centralized fashion.

Paper: http://www.links.org/pics/AbuseRes.pdf