CD shredders, was Re: thoughts on one time pads

James Deane jdeane_37 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 2 21:24:12 EST 2006

I have an Executive Machines EPS-1501X cross-cut
shredder (15 sheet, I think) which also shreds CDs.
And it really shreds them, into about 1/4" x 1"
strips.  It's no louder than any home/office other
shredder I've used, though it is louder when shredding
CDs.

Jim

--- "Travis H." <solinym at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/28/06, dan at geer.org <dan at geer.org> wrote:
> > In our office, we have a shredder that happily
> > takes CDs and is designed to do so.  It is noisy
> > and cost >$500.
>
> Here's one for $40, although it doesn't appear to
> "shred" them so much
> as make them pitted:
>
> http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/security/6d7f/
> --
> "The generation of random numbers is too important
> to be left to chance."
>   -- Robert Coveyou -><-
> http://www.lightconsulting.com/~travis/
> GPG fingerprint: 50A1 15C5 A9DE 23B9 ED98 C93E 38E9
> 204A 94C2 641B

> majordomo at metzdowd.com

James K. Deane
Physicist and Geospatial Analyst