Can you keep a secret? This encrypted drive can...

Marcos el Ruptor ruptor at cryptolib.com
Mon Dec 4 01:58:08 EST 2006

> Compared to AES-128, AES-256 is 140% of the rounds to encrypt 200% as much
> data. So when implemented in hardware, AES-256 is substantially faster.

Excuse me, AES-256 has the same block size as AES-128, that is 128 bits.
It's in fact slower, not faster, and in hardware it also occupies a
substantially larger area.

If you are talking about Rijndael with 256-bit blocks, that's not AES and
its variant with 256-bit keys would still be slower and would also occupy a
substantially larger area in hardware than its counterpart with 128-bit
keys.

Ruptor