skype not so anonymous...

Leichter, Jerry leichter_jerrold at emc.com
Wed Aug 30 10:21:21 EDT 2006

| Fugitive executive is tracked down by tracing his Skype calls...
|
| http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060824-7582.html
...maybe.  This article gets many fundamental details wrong.  For
one thing, Alexander wasn't "nabbed" - the very article they linked
that word to simply says he was "found".  But even ignoring that,
more recent newspaper articles leave all kinds of things unclear.
What we have is a publicity-seeking (not just in this instance, he
has a history of this kind of thing) private detective who made some
unverified (as of news reports 2 days ago, anyway) claims about having
found and seen Alexander in Sri Lanka.  If I remember the stories
correctly, the PI said *something* about Skype, the reporters asked
him if he'd tracked Alexander down through his use of Skype, and
the PI never quite answered.

Whether Skype is anonymous or not, I have no clue.  But this article
gives no useful evidence one way or another.
							-- Jerry