Hypothesis: PGP backdoor (was: A security bug in PGP products?)

Travis H. solinym at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 22:55:55 EDT 2006

On 8/23/06, Ondrej Mikle <ondrej.mikle at gmail.com> wrote:
> We discussed with V. Klima about the "recent" bug in PGPdisk that
> allowed extraction of key and data without the knowledge of passphrase.

I skimmed the URL and it appears this claim was answered several times
in the original thread.  Did you not read it, or not understand it?

You have to have a valid passphrase from before the change, because the
passphrase unlocks the disk key which doesn't change, unless you explicitly
tell it to.
Unix "guru" for rent or hire -><- http://www.lightconsulting.com/~travis/
GPG fingerprint: 9D3F 395A DAC5 5CCC 9066  151D 0A6B 4098 0C55 1484