NY Times reports: Documents show link between AT&T and NSA

Chris Palmer chris at eff.org
Thu Apr 13 14:39:56 EDT 2006

lorenzo writes:

> Am I wrong or if we were living in a DRM- or Trusted Computing- World,
> those documents probably would be unreadable, if they were digital
> documents? Also they could have prevented printing of the documents,
> and so on.

Consider the massive effort Daniel Ellsberg undertook when leaking the
Pentagon Papers.  He had to photcopy tons of stuff.  If you had a DRM'd
document that you couldn't print or email out, you could use your camera
to take a picture of the document on your computer's display.  (For
example.)

--
https://www.eff.org/about/staff/#chris_palmer