RNG quality verification

Philipp Gühring pg at futureware.at
Tue Apr 4 08:58:54 EDT 2006

Hi,

> Your tests would not detect that kind of vulnerability.

Let´s try it.

http://sig.cacert.at/random/

I have setup a small randomness collection website, and I am asking everyone
to submit as many random numbers as possible from as many different sources
as possible.

Please upload any kind of randomness (none, PRNG, special patterns, your
personally preferred HRNG, ...) to the website.

I will try to do a larger statistical analysis of all random samples, and also
try to find ways to identify PRNGs ...

I have a couple of goals with the project:
* perhaps being able with a high number of samples to differentiate
statistically between PRNG and HRNGs
* a HRNG commercial market overview, which random speed you can get for which
price.
* at the end, I am planning, to run the analysis tools as a web service, so
that everyone can have his own random numbers tested anytime, by simply
uploading them, and having them analyzed and compared to the others
automatically.

Best regards,
Philipp Gühring