ECC patents?

Whyte, William WWhyte at ntru.com
Sat Sep 17 21:48:41 EDT 2005

I'm not sure what you're trying to demonstrate here. From
the fact that NSA chose to license a few curves, we can
definitely deduce that they want to use those curves. You
deduce from the fact that they didn't license other curves
that there is no patent on those curves, but you could
equally well deduce that the curves they did license are
good enough and they don't need to pay extra money to
license on the other curves.

William