Clearing sensitive in-memory data in perl

John Denker jsd at av8n.com
Sat Sep 17 13:33:12 EDT 2005

Victor Duchovni wrote:

>>So wouldn't the world be a better place if we could all agree on a
>>single such library? Or at least, a single API. Like the STL is for C++.
>>

> Yes, absolutely, but who is going to do it?

One could argue it has already been done.

There exists a widely available, freely available, well-implemented
example of something just like the STL for C++.  It is called
"the STL for C++".

a) Writing in C++ is easier than writing in C.

b) Porting legacy C to C++ isn't rocket surgery.  It can be done
incrementally.