On the orthogonality of anonymity to current market demand

cyphrpunk cyphrpunk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 15:12:30 EST 2005

On 11/6/05, Travis H. <solinym at gmail.com> wrote:
> Personally, I'm less suprised by my own software (and, presumably,
> key-handling) than vendor software, most of the time.  I think TCPA is
> about control, and call me paranoid, but ultimate control isn't
> something I'm willing to concede to any vendor, or for that matter any
> other person.  I like knowing what my computer is doing, to the bit
> and byte level, or at least being able to find out.

I suggest that you're fooling yourself, or at least giving yourself a
false sense of security. Software today is so complex and large that
there is no way that you can be familiar with the vast bulk of what
you are running (and it's only going to get worse in the future). It
is an illusion that you have transparency into it. Water is
transparent but an ocean of it is opaque and holds many secrets.

CP