Conference: APPLIED CRYPTOGRAPHY and NETWORK SECURITY (ACNS 2005)

Linda Casals lindac at dimacs.rutgers.edu
Mon May 2 14:23:57 EDT 2005

The following message is being forwarded to you at the
request of Rebecca Wright.

     C A L L     F O R    P A R T I C I P A T I O N

Conference: APPLIED CRYPTOGRAPHY and NETWORK SECURITY (ACNS 2005)

Location: COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, USA

Dates: JUNE 7-10, 2005

We invite you to participate in the Third Annual Conference on Applied
Cryptography and Network Security (ACNS 2005). This international
conference features original research papers on scientific and
technical aspects of cryptology and network security and is the third
in its series. There are two tracks at ACNS: a research-oriented
papers track (that will appear as a Springer's LNCS proceedings
available at the conference) and an industrial/ short papers track
(that will appear as a pre-proceedings and will be available at the
conference as well). The latter has an emphasis on practical
applications. In addition, invited talks by leading experts in the
field, covering various recent developments, will be presented.

It has been quite a while since there was a major full conference
dedicated to cryptography and security in the New York City
Metropolitan Area (a kind of "NewYorCrypt"), and ACNS 2005 is just it!
It will enable an advanced forum on cryptography and security in the
setting of New York City in one of the best time of the year to be in
the the city. This setting should allow the local researchers,
students and industry community easy access to very current issues and
topics, and should attract international participants as well.

The details about the program, the committee, registration details and
additional information is available at:

     http://acns2005.cs.columbia.edu

We believe that members of the scientific and technical industry
community who will participate will enjoy a high level scientific
event in the promising setting of NYC in June.

   John Ioannidis, Angelos Keromytis and Moti Yung
        General and Program Chairs, ACNS2005