aid worker stego

Peter Fairbrother zenadsl6186 at zen.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 02:45:20 EST 2005

I've been asked to advise an aid worker about stego. Potential major
government attacker.

I don't think there is much danger of severe torture, but I don't think
"innocent-until-proven-guilty" applies either, and suspicion should be
minimised or avoided.

I though about recommending Best/Drive -Crypt as they are supposedly
general-purpose encryption programs which can also do encrypted containers
which are undetectable, but I don't know if that's actually so, or which to
choose.

If he's using Windows will they clean up the temp and swap files?

An alternative is a stego program to hide data in eg images.  I don't know
which are the better ones now available, can anyone advise?

The other point is that the stego program itself will be visible on disk. Is
there a small stego program that you could eg hide in an image and somehow
bootstrap from something totally innocuous?

Any other ideas?

--
Peter Fairbrother