Encryption plugins for gaim

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Tue Mar 15 16:13:14 EST 2005

At 10:19 PM 3/13/2005, Adam Fields wrote:
>Given what may or may not be recent ToS changes to the AIM service,
>I've recently been looking into encryption plugins for gaim.

AOL says that the ToS bits are only for things like chatrooms;
user-to-user AIM traffic doesn't even go through their servers.
That doesn't mean they can't eavesdrop on it if they want to,
or that they don't have mechanisms for automating MITM,
so you may very well want to use encryption,
but at least in the normal case your traffic is relatively private.