$90 for high assurance _versus_ $349 for low assurance

Amir Herzberg herzbea at macs.biu.ac.il
Wed Mar 16 05:18:15 EST 2005

John, thanks for this fascinating report!

Conclusion? `Not all CAs/certs are created equal`... therefore we should
NOT automatically trust the contents of every certificate whose CA
appears in the `root CA` list of the browser. Instead, browsers should
allow users to select which CAs they trust sufficiently to identify
sites, and to _know_ which CA is identifying the (protected) site they use.

This is easy to do, and of course you can add this to your
Mozilla/FireFox browser by installing our TrustBar (from
http://TrustBar.mozdev.org).

Best, Amir Herzberg