Colliding X.509 Certificates

Olle Mulmo mulmo at pdc.kth.se
Thu Mar 10 05:45:09 EST 2005

Seems to me that a CA can nullify this attack by choosing a serial
number or RDN component (after all, a CA should vet the DN and not
simply sign what's in the PKCS#10 request), such that the public key
does not end up at an "appropriate" DER-encoded offset in the
certificate. Or am I completely lost?

/Olle