WYTM - "but what if it was true?"

Allan Liska allan at allan.org
Wed Jun 22 10:14:45 EDT 2005

It is most likely a hoax:

http://www.boingboing.net/2005/06/16/conspiracy_theory_of.html

As to your second question.  There are several options available to you
depending on your level of paranoia:

1. Run a personal firewall (assuming you can find one that doesn't have
a trojan that talks back to the manufacturer:cough: zone alarm
:cough:).

2. Monitor and review all traffic that flows from your ethernet card
using Ethereal, TCPDump or some other program.

3. Use an on-screen keyboard.

allan