AmEx unprotected login site (was encrypted tapes, was Re: Papersabout"Algorithm hiding" ?)

Amir Herzberg herzbea at macs.biu.ac.il
Thu Jun 9 02:57:49 EDT 2005

Ken, you are correct (see below). And in fact, if the page came from the
right source (as validated by SSL and a secure browser extension such as
TrustBar), I don't think there is any need to validate the source (which
is impractical even for the geekest geek). After all, if a site is so
clueless as to send you corrupted scripts, it may as well publish your
password directly...

Best, Amir Herzberg

--
Best regards,

Amir Herzberg

Associate Professor
Department of Computer Science
Bar Ilan University
http://AmirHerzberg.com

New: see my Hall Of Shame of Unprotected Login pages:
http://AmirHerzberg.com/shame.html