"SSL stops credit card sniffing" is a correlation/causality myth

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Wed Jun 8 01:36:45 EDT 2005

Perry E. Metzger writes:
 > It is my prediction that we will, in the next five years, get the
 > failure of a couple of international financial institutions because of
 > insufficient attention to systems security,

You're being too conservative.  I point you to Citibank's loss, last
month, of unencrypted data belonging to 4 million customers.  Right
now, I see shit in search of a fan.  Should happen in less than two
years.

--
--My blog is at     blog.russnelson.com         | If you want to find
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | injustice in economic