ID "theft" -- so what?

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Thu Jul 14 18:10:35 EDT 2005

    --

Dan Kaminsky <dan at doxpara.com>
> It's 2005, PKI doesn't work, the horse is dead.

The PKI that was designed to serve no very useful
function other than make everyone in the world pay $100
a year to Verisign is dead.

Yet the technology is potent, and the problems of
identity and authenticity are severe.  We shall, bye and
bye, see reliance on public keys.  Other things just
don't work.

At present, the overwhelming majority of money transfers
take place over non internet networks, and rely on non
internet identity.  Inevitably, this will change, and
that change will both necessitate, and be based on, the
use of public key cryptography.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     Pmf2aYMPVGY8UHBvEyuLghf0GsgeyEonN9O9Ljh+
     4j9GQPHtedEznyhC2w4YbCu38yJe2dOsSNGUyV3fL