New Credit Card Scam (fwd)

Lance James lancej at securescience.net
Tue Jul 12 00:31:38 EDT 2005

Jason Holt wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Lance James wrote:
> [...]
>
>> place to fend off these attacks. Soon phishers will just use the site
>> itself to phish users, pushing away the dependency on tricking the
>> user with a "spoofed" or "mirrored" site.
>
> [...]
>
> You dismiss too much with your "just".  They already do attack plenty
> of sites, but they also phish because it has a larger return on
> investment. Security is the process of iteratively strengthening the
> weakest links in the chain.

I'm being misunderstood - Cross-User attack concepts specifically is
what I'm referring to. The straight on attacks on sites are definitely a
processed phase within the many attack vectors they are performing, I'm
just making clear that the businesses need to start working on those
weak links.

-Lance

--
Best Regards,