Looking for crypto iButton specs

R.A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Mon Jul 11 09:14:09 EDT 2005

--- begin forwarded text

 From: pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz (Peter Gutmann)
 To: cypherpunks at jfet.org
 Subject: Looking for crypto iButton specs
 Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 00:56:35 +1200
 Sender: owner-cypherpunks at jfet.org

 During a recent discussion about secure crypto device bootstrap and
 attestation capabilities, I realised that of the three devices for which this
 was implemented and for which documentation was available (Fortezza, IBM 4758,
 and Dallas Crypto iButton), I either don't have any documentation for the
 Crypto iButton or I've filed it under something sufficiently misleading that I
 can't find it any more.  So:

 Does anyone still have the documentation for the DS1954 Crypto iButton?  Note
 that I specifically mean the DS1954 Crypto iButton before its Javafuxation,
 which removed the very nice crypto security model and crypto transaction
 processing/scripting capability.  Dallas systematically excised any traces of
 the pre-Javafuxated version from databooks and web pages, so it'd be a case of
 someone having a copy archived somewhere.  It was a very nice design and I'd
 like to have some record of it outside the summary I put in my Godzilla
 security tutorial.

 (If whoever did the design is reading this, I'd be interested in hearing from
 them as well).

 Peter.

--- end forwarded text

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA