the limits of crypto and authentication

Scott Guthery sguthery at mobile-mind.com
Sun Jul 10 00:24:07 EDT 2005

Amex Blue was a market success in the sense that its ROI exceeded
expectations, rational and otherwise.  It yielded thousands of new
accounts at a cost of acquisition far less than average, even when
taking into account the Windows driver support calls and the discarded
readers. That said, you might have been able to achieve the same result
with a gold stickie except the geeks that were the majority of the new
accounts probably would have peeled it off and grumped.

The winner will be the dude that can make authentication into a Mustang.
Like it or not, Amex Blue pointed the way.

IMHO as always.

Cheers, Scott